Can Somebody Check My Work For Me? Circuits

In summary, the speaker is discussing their solution to a problem involving impedance, voltage, and current. They used the formula Z=[(XL-Xc)2+R2]1/2 and calculated a value of 5 ohm for the impedance. They then used the formula V/R = I = 110(2)1/2/5=31.1A to calculate the current. For part B, they used the formula V=L(di/dt)=-LWsin(wt) and found the peak amplitude to be 377V. They asked for confirmation on their calculations and were reassured that they used the correct formulas and values.
mmmboh
Hi here is the problem:
vg2ccx.jpg
What I did was Z=[(XL-Xc)2+R2]1/2 = 5 ohm

and then V/R = I = 110(2)1/2/5=31.1A

For part B) I did V=L(di/dt)=-Lwsin(wt), and the peak amplitude is when sin(wt)=-1 and is 377V.

Can someone tell me if what I did is right, or what is wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
mmmboh said:
What I did was Z=[(XL-Xc)2-R2]1/2 = 5 ohm

and then V/R = I = 110(2)1/2/5=31.1A

For part B) I did V=L(di/dt)=-LWsin(wt), and the peak amplitude is when sin(wt)=-1 and is 377V.

Your impedance formula is incorrect. Also, what value did you use for ω?

Sorry I meant +R not -R..but I used the right formula when calculating the value of 5. For w I used 2(pi)f=377 Hz

Looks OK then. I assume that you plugged in the numbers and got XC and XL correctly.

I did (wL-1/(wC)^2 for XL-Xc

That's fine. I hope you plugged in correctly.

1. How do I know if my circuit is correct?

To ensure that your circuit is correct, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current at each component. Compare these values to the expected values based on your circuit design. If they match, then your circuit is most likely correct.

2. Can someone else check my circuit for me?

Yes, you can ask a colleague or a professional to check your circuit for you. It's always a good idea to have a second set of eyes to catch any mistakes or offer suggestions for improvement. You can also use online forums or communities to get feedback on your circuit design.

3. What are the common mistakes to watch out for in circuit design?

Some common mistakes in circuit design include incorrect connection of components, using the wrong components or values, incorrect placement of components, and improper grounding. It's important to double-check your design and follow a systematic approach to building your circuit to avoid these mistakes.

4. How can I troubleshoot my circuit if it's not working?

If your circuit is not working, start by checking the power supply and connections. Make sure all components are correctly placed and functioning. You can also use a troubleshooting guide to identify potential issues and test individual components to pinpoint the problem. If you're still unable to fix the issue, it's best to seek help from a professional.

5. Is it necessary to have a schematic diagram for my circuit?

Yes, a schematic diagram is essential for any circuit design. It provides a visual representation of the components and their connections, making it easier to understand and troubleshoot the circuit. It also allows others to check your work and reproduce the circuit if needed.