Can somebody help me get started on this problem?

• Thread starter cbs81
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around problem-solving and how the expert can assist the individual in understanding and finding a solution to a complex problem. They discussed the importance of breaking the problem down into smaller steps, utilizing resources and tools, and checking progress to ensure they are on the right track. The expert also mentioned providing an example of a similar problem and its solution, but reminded the individual that each problem is unique and may require a different approach.
cbs81
vector b = (89.9)x + (-43.8)y

what is the direction of b in radians counter clockwise from the positive x - axis.

i already solved for the unknown side, but i don't understand how i solve this with the information given? any help would greatly appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
sorry mods, please move to coursework help.

Setup a trig ratio to find the angle in radians...

so, do i do:

360 * tan ^-1 (43.8/89.9)

i'm not sure what do about counter clockwise thanks.

Last edited:
The counter-clockwise means that if the angle opens below the positive x-axis, then it is considered positive.

1. Can you explain the problem to me in simpler terms?

As a scientist, it's important for me to be able to effectively communicate complex concepts to others. So, before we begin, can you tell me what parts of the problem you may be struggling with? This will help me break it down into simpler terms for you.

2. What steps do I need to take to solve this problem?

Solving a problem often involves breaking it down into smaller, manageable steps. Let's work together to identify the key components of the problem and determine a step-by-step approach to finding a solution.

3. Are there any resources or tools that can help me with this problem?

As a scientist, I rely on various resources and tools to help me with problem-solving. Depending on the nature of the problem, there may be specific resources or tools that can aid in finding a solution. Let's explore what options are available for this particular problem.

4. How do I know if I'm on the right track when trying to solve this problem?

It's common to feel uncertain or stuck when tackling a difficult problem. One way to determine if you're on the right track is to check your work and see if it aligns with the initial problem statement. If you're still unsure, we can work together to evaluate your progress and make any necessary adjustments.

5. Can you provide an example of a similar problem and its solution?

Sometimes it can be helpful to see a concrete example of a similar problem and how it was solved. I can provide you with an example that may shed some light on the problem you're facing. However, keep in mind that every problem is unique and may require a different approach.