Can anyone help me get started on the basics in electrical engineering

In summary, a user is seeking help getting started in electrical engineering and is looking for related threads on the forum. Another user recommends a book that covers the basics of resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors, and digital logic, and suggests checking a nearby library for a copy.
AlbanianBlood
Can anyone help me get started on the basics in electrical engineering or maybe sending me some of the threads that already exist in the forum that are related to the basics and introduction of EE.

Would be glad if someone helped, thnx!

Engineering news on Phys.org

What is your mathematical background?

AlbanianBlood said:
Can anyone help me get started on the basics in electrical engineering or maybe sending me some of the threads that already exist in the forum that are related to the basics and introduction of EE.

Would be glad if someone helped, thnx!

Welcome to the PF. Have a look at the book we were discussing in this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=178516

The thread is about some of the more involved concepts, but the book starts off with the basics of resistors, capacitors and inductors, and then the basics of transistors and digital logic. It's a great intro to EE, IMO, and makes for a pretty good read. Do you have a technical or university library nearby where you can look at a copy?

1. What is electrical engineering?

Electrical engineering is a field of science that deals with the study, design, and application of electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics. It involves the use of principles of mathematics, physics, and computer science to create, develop, and maintain electrical systems and devices.

2. What are the basic concepts in electrical engineering?

The basic concepts in electrical engineering include circuits, electromagnetism, power systems, electronics, and digital systems. It is important to have a strong understanding of these concepts in order to excel in this field.

3. How can I get started learning electrical engineering?

The best way to get started learning electrical engineering is to enroll in a course or program at a university or technical school. You can also find online resources and tutorials to help you understand the basics. It is important to have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics before diving into electrical engineering.

4. What skills are necessary for a career in electrical engineering?

Some important skills for a career in electrical engineering include problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to detail, and strong analytical skills. It is also important to have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team.

5. What are some common applications of electrical engineering?

Electrical engineering has a wide range of applications, including the development of electronic devices, power generation and distribution, telecommunications, and control systems. It also plays a crucial role in industries such as transportation, healthcare, and renewable energy.