Can someone help me redraw this circuit.

• Thread starter LakeMountD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, The conversation is about a person who is struggling with circuits but has found a helpful resource online. After some trial and error, they have successfully solved a problem and are now working on a new one involving finding the current and potential difference at different points. They receive guidance on how to use the current divider rule to solve the problem.
LakeMountD
man I am not good at doing these circuits.. i do think i have it right however i want to be reassured before i drive this info into my head..

http://galileo.physics.fsu.edu/enc/60/b0693c1d166eb44f829042abcf6390a2cf5a73998caaf05a1d16890408211ac74fb5a1875d078912fd7a599483ded40f7806f73f3857b7e65b1628c75c29fe63f222626d31cef1695b9709989c1a225a

thanks guys.. basically redrawing it so you can see what is parallel and in series..

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
its asking for a password and username

formulajoe said:
its asking for a password and username

oops sorry about that.. here it is
answered my own question lol..

http://img210.exs.cx/img210/2812/resistor6xg.gif

yep, that looks right. circuits are a snap with a little bit of practice.

OKay i got the right answer but now it is asking for the current through resistor 5. the current through resistor 6 is 1.64 mA.

then for b it wants the potential difference between point a and b.

You've got current through resistor 6. Then use current divider rule to get the current through resistor 5 (using R5 and Req3).

1. What is the purpose of redrawing a circuit?

Redrawing a circuit can help make the circuit easier to understand and troubleshoot. It can also help with organization and documentation of the circuit design.

2. Can I redraw a circuit using any software?

Yes, there are various software programs available for circuit design and simulation, such as AutoCAD, Eagle, and LTspice. It is important to choose a program that fits your needs and level of expertise.

3. How do I determine the correct components for the redrawn circuit?

The components used in the redrawn circuit should be the same as the original circuit. If you are not familiar with the components, you can refer to the circuit diagram or consult with an electronics expert.

4. Do I need to redraw the circuit exactly the same as the original?

Not necessarily. Redrawing the circuit can involve improvements or modifications to the original design, as long as the functionality and components remain the same.

5. Can I get assistance with redrawing a circuit?

Yes, you can seek help from experienced engineers or consult online resources for circuit design. It is important to properly attribute any assistance received in the final redrawn circuit diagram.