Can someone please recommend me basic circuit analysis video lectures?

In summary, the speaker, who is not a native English speaker, is having difficulty with their university class that uses a book titled "Principles and Applications of Electrical Engineering" by McGraw. They mention that the class is taught in an unconventional way with no teacher, and the book is difficult to follow and seems to skip important information. They are looking for video lectures to supplement their learning and are open to recommendations for a second book. The lack of a teacher and the challenging book have made it discouraging for the speaker and their classmates who have no prior knowledge of circuits.
tamtam402
*Sorry about my bad english, I'm not a native english speaker.*

To make a long story short, my university uses this book:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0132130068/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Unfortunately this class isn't teached using a normal approach, and we are supposed to learn everything by ourselves. That's right, we have no teacher. I find the book hard to follow and it seems to cuts corners. While I'm pretty sure all the important equations are found in the book, I'd like a serie of video lectures that would help me understand the material.

I'm also open to recommendations for a 2nd book, I was told Principles and applications of Electrical Engineering by McGraw could be good as a self-teaching book.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, I was motivated to learn circuit analysis but the lack of teacher and the hard to follow book are discouraging me (and pretty much all of my classmates with no prior circuit knowledge) pretty badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
http://nptel.iitm.ac.in/phase2/courses.php [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are the best video lectures for learning basic circuit analysis?

The best video lectures for learning basic circuit analysis will vary depending on personal learning style and the specific topics you are interested in. However, some popular options include the lectures by MIT OpenCourseWare and Khan Academy.

2. How do I know if a video lecture is reliable for learning basic circuit analysis?

To determine if a video lecture is reliable, you should research the credentials of the presenter and the source of the lecture. Look for lectures from reputable universities or organizations and check for any reviews or feedback from previous viewers.

3. Are there any free video lectures available for learning basic circuit analysis?

Yes, there are many free video lectures available for learning basic circuit analysis. Some popular sources include YouTube, Coursera, and edX. However, keep in mind that the quality and depth of these lectures may vary.

4. How long does it take to learn basic circuit analysis through video lectures?

The time it takes to learn basic circuit analysis through video lectures will depend on your prior knowledge and the complexity of the lectures. It could take anywhere from a few days to several weeks to fully understand the concepts.

5. Can I use video lectures as the sole source of learning for basic circuit analysis?

While video lectures can be a helpful learning tool, it is not recommended to rely solely on them for learning basic circuit analysis. It is important to also supplement your learning with textbooks, practice problems, and hands-on experience.