Can This 4-Dimensional Integral Provide a New Way to Calculate Pi(x)?

In summary, the formula presented is a 4-dimensional integral that is claimed to be the best method for calculating Pi(x) due to its consistent number of operations. However, it is questioned if it is truly the fastest method and if it is original or useful. The formula involves generating random numbers and using the Monte Carlo method to compute the integral. It is argued that the volume of the integral increases with increasing t, making it potentially time-consuming. Additionally, the claim that this is the best method for calculating Pi(x) is challenged, as it is possible to prove that any method for computing Pi(x) will require unbounded time. The formula is also criticized for being a simple transformation of a function and not truly offering a new approach.
let,s suppose we know a method to calculate [tex]pi(e^t) [/tex] by means of a double complex integral..then we will need a time O(t^a) a>0 so to know the value of [tex]pi(u) [/tex] we will need time O(ln^a(u)) so this method will be better than other that goes like O(t^a).

Physics news on Phys.org
and...?

the final equation is:

[tex]\pi(e^u)=\frac{1}{2i\pi}\int_{c-i\infty}^{c+i\infty}t^p\frac{\int_0^{\infty}ln\zeta(x)x^{p-1}/x}{\int_0^{\infty}x^{p-1}/(exp(x)-1)}[/tex]

now the time to calculate goes like O(ln(t)^a) with a>0

Last edited:
sorry it was the integral

[tex]\pi(2^u)=\frac{1}{2i\pi}\int_{c-i\infty}^{c+i\infty}t^p\frac{\int_0^{\infty}ln\zet a(x)x^{p-1}/x}{\int_0^{\infty}x^{p-1}/(exp(x)-1)}[/tex]

[tex]\pi(e^t)=\frac{1}{2i\pi}\int_{c-i\infty}^{c+i\infty}t^p\frac{\int_0^{\infty}ln\zet a(x)x^{p-1}/x}{\int_0^{\infty}x^{p-1}/(exp(x)-1)}dp[/tex]

there is and error where it puts lna(x) is [tex]ln\zeta(x) [/tex]

i have obtained this integral from solving the integral eqauation for [tex]\pi(e^t) [/tex] that,s it:

[tex]ln\zeta(s)/s=\int_0^\infty}dt\pi(e^t)/(exp(st)-1) [/tex] now i think i,m the first in solving this integral equation

Last edited: