Can TI-84 calculator send text messages or email?

In summary, the conversation revolved around using the Texas Instruments TI-84 calculator for purposes beyond its intended use, such as sending text messages and emails. The suggestion of using external circuits and advanced electronics was brought up, but it was deemed unlikely to be successful. The conversation also mentioned the availability of chat programs for the TI-83/84, but the idea of using an old android phone instead was suggested instead.
lonely_nucleus
Well the texas instruments ti-84 calculator is my favorite toy. I use it for anything I can from getting a girl to put her phone number in my calculator to programming.

Is there a way to somehow add an external circuit that can make the ti-84 send text messages. I bet there would have to be a sexy external antenna and some pretty advance electronics but has it ever been done?

Another possibility is using the ti-84 to send emails. Is there some sort of external circuit that would be able to send emails by using the ti-84 as the interface?
Appreciate replies

Computer science news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
There are plenty of chat programs for the TI-83/84
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/programs/linking/

I highly doubt you could realistically get it to message other devices or send email.

Why don't you just buy an old android phone instead of re-purposing a calculator to do things it wasn't meant to?
Was not a very thoughtful question. I am sorry for dishonoring you.

1. Can a TI-84 calculator send text messages or emails?

No, a TI-84 calculator does not have the capability to send text messages or emails. It is designed for mathematical and scientific calculations.

2. Can I download an app or software to enable my TI-84 calculator to send text messages or emails?

No, TI-84 calculators do not have the ability to download apps or software. They have limited memory and are not designed to function as a smartphone or computer.

3. Is there a way to connect my TI-84 calculator to my phone or computer to send text messages or emails?

No, TI-84 calculators do not have any external connectivity options. They cannot be connected to other devices for communication purposes.

4. Can I use a TI-84 calculator to receive text messages or emails?

No, TI-84 calculators do not have the ability to receive text messages or emails. They do not have a display screen or keyboard for messaging.

5. Are there any calculators that can send text messages or emails?

Yes, there are calculators that have the capability to send text messages or emails. These are typically advanced graphing calculators with additional features, but they are not as common as basic scientific calculators like the TI-84.