Can Tire Inflators Provide 140 PSI at 0.3 CFM for Fine Spray Applications?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
yangshi
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask. I have a fine spray application where I need ~140 psi but only .3CFM. I'm trying not to buy a regular air compressor (money wasted on unneeded CFM) and am looking at tire inflators, but very few of them have CFM ratings. Any suggestions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a good forum for the question.

The difficulty with using a tire inflator is that they don't have a control system to maintain a set pressure. I know it may seem like a big difference to spend $100 on a full fledged compressor system instead of $25 for a tire inflator, but I don't see an easy alternative in that.
 
Does it need to run on a 12V battery?

BoB