Can Transmission line be dangerous during rain ?!!! Suppose you are standing beneath 132KV transmission line. A pretty big water drop drops from the transmission line into your bald head. Is there any chance you get shock? My understanding of physics tells me that, if the drop left the transmission line at the exact instant the AC voltage there was at peak, then it would be carrying a charge. The charge it carries can be found out from its capacitance. Assuming the droplet radius of just 0.1 inch, http://deepfriedneon.com/tesla_f_calcsphere.html, gives capacitance of 0.285pf. So, now Q = CV = 37.62 nC Can this provide any significant shock? How do I find it out? I am interested in the physics behind this Thanks for reading.