Can You Calculate Volume with Only the Radius and Not the Height?

  • Thread starter Thread starter compaqnigg
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
compaqnigg
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a problem. I have to find the Volume of a group beans. Now I measured the bean's diameter, but I wasn't able to get Volume in the lab. Is there a way to get it?



The equation to find volume is V = (pi)r^2h... (pi times r squared, times H).
Volume of a solid is cm^3.




There are two variables missing, V and h. Now the diameter I have is 15.5cm... so the radius is 7.75cm.

So I have V = 3.14 * 7.75^2 * h

Is it possible to find the other two varibles?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I know it might sound really dumb but if you've got a decently large and decently measured measuring cup fill it about half full with water and plop it in there and find the change in volume and convert it to cubic centimeters. Other then that find some other way to measure the height?