Help with insomnia and sleep deprivation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gale
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 4K views
If you go to sleep at 4 AM and make yourself get up at 6:30 AM, I guarantee that by 10 PM, even massive caffeine intake won't keep you awake. At least that worked for me yesterday. Today I'm back to not sleeping, but only have to wake up by 7:30 AM. :cry:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
dav2008 said:
So you sleep from 5 am to 2pm and then wonder why you can't fall asleep at 11 pm?

i don't know really. I've had mild insomnia even when i was real young. i think maybe my body just isn't made to be sleeping all night and active all day. when it gets dark out that's when i feel the best. my mind feels sharp and i have all sorts of energy. unfortunately, its usually too late to accomplish very much, but if i could take classes at 3am, i'd bet i'd be much more into them.
 
Gale said:
i don't know really. I've had mild insomnia even when i was real young. i think maybe my body just isn't made to be sleeping all night and active all day. when it gets dark out that's when i feel the best. my mind feels sharp and i have all sorts of energy. unfortunately, its usually too late to accomplish very much, but if i could take classes at 3am, i'd bet i'd be much more into them.

Ya I know what you mean. During the night, there are less distractions, and less commotion taking place around you. For some reason, I've also felt many times that my hearing ability is more keen at night, probably due to less things happening per unit time.