1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Capacitance Vs Frequency and Voltage

1. Jul 7, 2008 #1
    Would you kindly help me in describing the relationship between

1. capacitance and voltage and why?

and

2. Why does with increase in frequency the capacitance decreases ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

-1- What is the equation relating the charge on a capacitor to the capacitance and voltage? It is a standard equation, and should be there in your textbook.

-2- What capacitance decreases with frequency? You need to be more detailed in this question, and you need to try to answer it for us. We do not give out answers here at the PF. After you show your work, we can try to offer tutorial help.

(Please re-read the "Rules" link at the top of the page.)

4. Jul 7, 2008 #3
    Iam aware of the equation.I was actually looking for an explanation not mathematical to understand the logic behind the decrease in the capacitance with the increase in frequency.I have made capacitor measurements and observed the behaviour in the similar manner . Now i need to understand the theory relating to the inverse relationship between the capacitance and the frequency measurements.

5. Jul 8, 2008 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

There is no relationship like that which I'm aware of. What was your experimental setup, and what were your measured data?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?