Capacitor Circuit Calculations - How to Find Charge, Energy and Voltage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grandsatsuma
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Capacitor Circuits
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Grandsatsuma
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Not sure If I posted this is the correct place -Im new
----
hi, I am working on a college assignment. I'm on a day release program and unfortunately I missed the day where we covered this part. Please could someone help me?


The questions I need to answer are:

a) For each capacitor shown in figure 12 determine the charge, energy stored and voltage across EACH capacitor.

Figure 12 is:

200V DC series circuit with 3 capacitors C1 = 4 μF C2= 8 μF C3 = 10 μF


b) (same question different diagram)

Figure 13 is:

100v rail with two capacitors in parallel.
C1 = 12 μF
C2 = 2 μF



I have no Idea even on where to start.

If someone could help me out here I would be very great full, When I say help me out, I don't mean tell me the answers, more tell me how to find the answers.

Thanks

Grand
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ifyou have 3 capacitors in series do you know how to calculate the combined capacitance? (I got 2.1μF)
Can you then calaculate the charge?
Do you know how charge is distributed amongst capacitors in series?
Hope this gets you going