Car Part Names: Identification & Information

• Thread starter Wilson Jt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car parts
In summary, the conversation was about identifying and drawing different components of a car, specifically a master brake cylinder, brake fluid tank, brake power assist, and a mounting bracket for a proportioning valve. There were also discussions about incline planes, heat shields, and different views of the power brake unit.
Wilson Jt
20131031_170909.jpg

what is the name of this part?

20131114_142224.jpg

what is the name of this component?

thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
First one is master brake cylinder, brake fluid tank, and brake power assist ( I think it is called that)- black container. You have the part sideways by the way.

From where in the car did the second piece come?
That could be anything

okay..the second picture is a part of the first picture.we're required to draw this using SolidWorks..some parts i not sure how to draw..because some planes is inclined one and I don't know to draw the incline plane.

The second component is a mounting bracket of some sort. If you could upload some different views of the power brake unit, you might get a better response.

The first picture is upside down.

The second part is a bracket that goes between the nuts and the master cylinder and most likely holds a heat shield so the exhaust doesn't convectively rise and heat the master cylinder.

The second picture is a mounting bracket for a proportioning valve, you can see it at the bottom of the master cylinder (far side as photographed).

Related to Car Part Names: Identification & Information

1. What is the purpose of identifying car part names?

Identifying car part names is important for various reasons. It helps in accurately diagnosing and repairing car issues, as well as ensuring the correct replacement parts are used. It also helps in understanding the functioning of different car systems and how they work together.

2. How do I identify a car part?

The best way to identify a car part is by referring to the car's manual or by consulting with a mechanic. You can also use online resources or car part identification books. It is important to know the make, model, and year of your car to accurately identify the part.

3. What information is typically included in a car part name?

A car part name typically includes the name of the manufacturer, part number, and a brief description of the part. It may also include specific measurements or specifications, such as size, shape, and material.

4. Are there any differences in car part names between different car models?

Yes, there can be differences in car part names between different car models. This is because each car manufacturer may have their own naming or coding system for their parts. It is important to use the correct car part name for your specific car model to ensure compatibility.

5. Can I replace a car part with a different brand?

In most cases, it is recommended to replace a car part with the same brand or a brand recommended by the car manufacturer. This is because different brands may have slight variations in their parts, which can affect performance and compatibility. However, if the replacement part meets the required specifications, it may be possible to use a different brand.