1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career option with Bsc physics major.

1. Jun 9, 2013 #1
    I have physics as my major(honours) in Bsc and have the subject combination of computer science, math and physics. And I am interested in C.sc and love PROGRAMMING. So what will be the better career option for me ????
    PS: I am interested in knowing career aspects in artificial intelligence and robotics programming as well and please mention the course that I should take.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2013 #2
    Ultimately, only you can decide that. Since your declared major is physics, I assume you "love" the subject as well. If you really enjoy programming, there's good news for you: physics can be very programming intensive.

If you're really only interested in programming and cs, I think a cs major would be your best bet. As for robotics and ai, you might want to consider an engineering degree; if you're planning on going to grad school, getting your bachelors in physics and PhD in engineering is also a great route.

Finally, to address the topic's title. There are a ton of career paths for a physics major, including everything from programming to law to finance.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook