1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Career options for BSc in Physics Engineering or Applied Physics?

1. Aug 9, 2012 #1
    What sort of job prospects would I have with a BSc in Physics Engineering or Applied Physics? Are the odds good, or is this field an exceptionally competitive one?

Can anyone here tell me what I should expect while studying for this degree and what I should prepare?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated :D

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2012 #2

fss

You'll be at a disadvantage compared to the engineers just because of the resume-culling requirements for "engineering" degrees for engineering jobs... but you're probably not qualified for them anyways. Generally speaking you need to tailor your resumes, cover letters, and interviews in a way such that your physics degree isn't seen as a useless 4 years learning about nothing applicable to the real world. It's often an uphill battle.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook