Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cavity quantum electrodynamics

1. Jan 5, 2015 #1
    hi, i am studing cavity QED - but needs some comprehensive book on that - i will be very grateful if someone guide me in this regard.thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2015 #2
    Can't recommend a book but if you Google "cavity QED pdf." you will find lots of free material on the subject. If you do a Google book search "cavity QED" you will be able to read sections of thousands of books. A Google image search of "cavity QED" turns up lots of interesting pictures. Good luck!

4. Jan 5, 2015 #3
    thanks - i will be grateful if someone has studied a book on this topic and share it with me.

5. Jan 6, 2015 #4

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most books on quantum optics should cover the Jaynes-Cummings Hamiltonian (e.g.
    "Introductory Quantum Optics"by Christopher Gerry and Peter Knight) and will also teach you the required formalism.
    Beyond that you will need more specialized books on e.g. open quantum systems etc.
    There are also lots of review articles on various topics related to the J-C Hamiltonian and CQED.

6. Jan 6, 2015 #5

naima

Gold Member

7. Jan 6, 2015 #6
    yes j-c model is for free space but if we consider cavity is made up of dielectric than we do need some advance treatment for modifying J-C hamiltonian

8. Jan 6, 2015 #7

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The J-C Hamiltonian is not for free space(there has to be a cavity/resonator for the photons ), but it works for ANY resonator, including dielectric resonators if that is what you are working on

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook