1. PF Insights is off to a great start! Fresh and interesting articles on all things science and math. Here: PF Insights

CD DVD+/-RW Drive Burner INSTALLATION help!

1. Hi all!
    I am not asking anyone to tell me how to install this hardware, I just cannot find anywhere on the internet that will give me instructions on how to install this internal drive! I have a
    Sony VAIO VGN-NW240F and the existing drive is inoperable so i purchased a new internal drive to install. i won't need to install any software or new drivers [the laptop should identify the new hardware just fine] but can anyone lead me in the right direction to a website or source that i could get clearer instruction on how to install this internal hardware?
    Thanks so much!
    Amanda : )

ps: the hardware is a CD DVD+/-RW Drive Burner

2. jcsd
  3. Edit: missed that it was a laptop

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  4. AlephZero

AlephZero 7,300
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Here's a youtube video that shows how to take a VAIO apart. Even if its not the exact same model it should give you the general idea.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/377396/how_to_replace_hard_drive_on_sony_vaio_vgn_s260

Covering your work surface with a soft blanket or something similar (as in the video) is a good idea, because it stops screws bouncing off a table top onto the floor and getting lost. A small container (e.g an egg cup) to hold the screws etc as you remove them is also useful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?