1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Center of gravity change and acceleration

1. May 16, 2016 #1
    Hello Community

My first post here so excuse me in case i posted in the wrong place.

I basically have to write a paper in school about a physics topic. This includes creating graphs with independent and dependant variables and finding the slope. It should be something to complicated but also not a topic that everyone can explain.

One idea I had was to see whether changing the centre of gravity affects acceleration (for example in a car).

1) Do you believe that the COG (moving it from left to right using a mass) will change the acceleration?

If no, do you have any recommendations on the type of topics that I should explore

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2016 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

That's like asking if red cars accelerate faster than blue cars.

It depends on the car and how much you push the gas pedal.

4. May 16, 2016 #3

jack action

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A far more interesting question to investigate would be:

Do you believe that the COG (moving it from front to rear while keeping the same total mass left to right using a mass) will change the acceleration?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted