1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Certifying Knowledge of Statistics

1. Feb 16, 2015 #1

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi, just curious, I have taught myself a good chunk of statistics , up to non-parametric methods, but
    I don't have any official proof of it, i.e., I don't have a degree on it I could use to convince a potential employer.
    I know in other areas one may use, e.g., the GRE to show one's competence when one does not have a degree. The only thing I can think of is taking the AP test in Statistics. Would that be good-enough evidence ( of course, assuming I get a good grade) to an employer of my competence in statistics? Is there some other way of certifying this?
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2015 #2
  4. Feb 17, 2015 #3

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks, Greg, sorry if I was kind of lazy there.

5. Feb 19, 2015 #4

CalcNerd

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

You can look at the organization of ASQ (American Society of Quality). Quality Control thrives on statistical analysis. You will need to meet their requirements of certification, but a Green Belt (entry level QC control certification) is probably easy for you to get. You may qualify for higher certification as well. Google is your friend....

6. Feb 19, 2015 #5

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, yes, there are many points re a Google search: results are different for different people. And there is a lot of garbage ; I ask because you can get 1,000,000s of hits and no good idea which are true/meaningful/reasonable.

7. Feb 19, 2015 #6

CalcNerd

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook