• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Chances of getting into Aerospace MS with Applied Physics BS

• Thread starter jastley
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I'm a Applied Physics major at a UC and will be graduating in April. I will be applying to grad school in the fall and I am considering trying to get into a masters program in aerospace engineering. I am curious about the chances of making that transition. I have taken an upper division fluid dynamics course as well as a lower div engineering course focusing on statics, drafting and cad. Most of my other course work falls under E&M, quantum, thermo and classical mech. What steps could be taken to make myself a more attractive candidate and which aerospace fields would be a better fit given my degree?

Answers and Replies

fss
What steps could be taken to make myself a more attractive candidate...
Do really well on whatever standardized tests the programs you apply to require.

Try taking some aerodynamics courses if there is still time. Also try to get an internship or get involved in aerospace related research at your school.

Most engineering programs just require the general gre test, however, I will be taking the physics gre because I plan to apply to some physics programs as back ups. As far as taking more courses, not really an option considering I'm completing my B.S in two months and there are no aeronautical engineering courses at my university. Internships sound good but it seems most require that you be in enrolled at a university during the internship.