1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chances to transfer from CC to UIUC with mediocre GPA

1. Oct 5, 2011 #1
    I want to transfer to U of I urbana champaign... but the thing is

Im a sophomore at a community college right now, and I have a 3.1 GPA currently, and if i get a 4.0 this semester i will be bumped up to a 3.3. I want to attend U of I urbana champaign starting my junior year, what are my chances?

I also failed a class my first semester, and was put on academic probation. But the very next semester i got a 3.5 and retook the failed class and got a B.

I didnt do so well in high school.... 21 ACT and 2.2 GPA

I plan to major in cellular and molecular biology.

BUT.... i did VERY bad in high school..... 21 act and a 2.2 GPA, i just didnt have my priorities straight... but im trying to catch up academically. I live in Illinois also.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2011 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

First thing that came to mind is this: Why UIUC? If you want to stay within Illinois to get favorable tuition, why not other state schools that might give you a better chance of getting in?

Zz.

4. Oct 5, 2011 #3
    It was just always my dream to go to UIUC, family members went there, i visited and had a great time.

I do also plan to apply to UIC/ISU

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook