Changing 'Alt Text' of Hyperlinks in LaTeX

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter CRGreathouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Latex Text
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Messages
2,832
Reaction score
0
I'm using the hyperref package in LaTeX and I was wondering if there's a way to change the 'alt text' (title text) for links. Anyone know? Perhaps there is a different package I could use?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know the answer but am curious now. Are you doing this to use with latex2html, or does the pdf format support title text as well?
 
When I hover over a PDF link I see a title box with the URL. I don't know if this can be customized or not. I hoped that it could be, and that further it could be customized from pdfLaTeX.
 
Hmm... yeah. I'm not sure it's possible. I looked around for a while and found nothing. hyperref does not seem to support it and it's pretty standard. Sorry I can't help more.