Choosing the Right Answers for Falling Wheel, Crate Forces, and Ammeter Readings

  • Thread starter Thread starter chawki
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
chawki
Messages
504
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


This problem includes three parts, marked I, II and III.
I-The aircraft in the figure is flying at a constant
horizontal speed. Suddenly a wheel comes off the
landing gear. Which one of the four paths describes
that of the falling wheel as seen by an observer on the
ground?
II-A heavy crate rests on the bed of a lorry, as shown in the figure. The lorry
begins to move forwards, but the friction prevents the crate from sliding
on the bed. Which one of the four diagrams below best describes the
forces acting on the crate during the acceleration?
III-There are two ammeters in the circuit in the diagram. The
reading of meter A1 is 0.35 A, and that of meter A2 is 0.25 A.
The most likely explanation for the discrepancy between the
readings is that
A the resistance of meter A2 is smaller than that of meter A1
B the resistance of meter A2 is larger than that of meter A1.
C because of the resistor connected between the two ammeters, less current reaches meter
A2.
D at least one of the ammeters is out of order


Homework Equations




The Attempt at a Solution


I think that:
I-C
II-C
III-D
 
Attachments
  • I.JPG
    I.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 490
  • II.JPG
    II.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 509
  • III.JPG
    III.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 484
Physics news on Phys.org