• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Circuits - Node analysis of connected and dependent sources

• Thread starter Rectifier
  • Start date
Rectifier
Gold Member
Hey!
I have a problem with the theory side of this circuit here:
1. The problem
I know that you are supposed to pick the buttom node of the circuit to represent your significant node at which you shouldnt construct a series of equations. But what if I picked another node as my significant node and I would come to this node and have to draw the current leaving the node. It is pretty clear for the whole circuit but the problem I see is that there is that line that connects these two sub-circuits and I don't know how it behaves.

Homework Equations

qD9bLfm.png

3. The attempt
My thought are that the current can't "come back for refueling" if it would go throught that pass. I have to little knowledge about this situation to say anything.

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Answers and Replies

gneill
Mentor
Hey!
I have a problem with the theory side of this circuit here:
1. The problem
I know that you are supposed to pick the buttom node of the circuit to represent your significant node at which you shouldnt construct a series of equations. But what if I picked another node as my significant node and I would come to this node and have to draw the current leaving the node. It is pretty clear for the whole circuit but the problem I see is that there is that line that connects these two sub-circuits and I don't know how it behaves.

Homework Equations

qD9bLfm.png

3. The attempt
My thought are that the current can't "come back for refueling" if it would go throught that pass. I have to little knowledge about this situation to say anything.

Can anyone please help me with this issue?
Your intuition is correct. Current flow requires a circuit (a closed loop). So that wire segment joining the two sub-circuits carries no current. You can remove it if you wish; the two sub-circuits interact via the controlled source parameters.