Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Classical computing and quantum computing

1. Apr 15, 2006 #1
    I have a lot of questions

Please help me bridging the gap betw classical computing and quantum computing...please..
    I can do mathemtic like |0> + <1| on paper and write more computings like that.
    But I don't understand how to code it in my toshiba computer ?

I have some books+materials about quatum, and all of them only say :
    "Quatum will make computers next century with many circuits quatum computing is the future", then they teach gates, computings do with 0 and 1 in kets. and they also list a lot of algorithms but none them are source codes except do computings with 1 and 0 in kets.

None of them teach them to code in my computer. :=(

Can you please help me ?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2006 #2
    A quantum computer is a piece of hardware, not software. However its workings can be simulated with software. Here is a site that might help.
    http://www.qc.fraunhofer.de/

4. Apr 15, 2006 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Maybe you need to first of all understand what quantum computing actually means and at what stage of development it is at currently! It has nothing to do with coding at this stage.

Zz.

5. Apr 15, 2006 #4
    Thank you, i'dlike make something like a java program hamilton gate.
    please tell me how to make it, how to code or send me source code via pm, plese..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?