Classical Physics compared to Quantum Physics?

In summary, after studying both classical and quantum physics, it has been concluded that classical physics is more elegant and ingenious. This is evident in Newton's law of gravitation, which allows for the mapping of satellite trajectories due to its simplicity. Classical physics is a refinement of everyday life, while quantum physics is a refinement of classical physics. This suggests that the development of classical physics required a great mental leap, such as that made by Newton, while the foundations of quantum physics were already in place. However, it is still debatable whether classical physics can fully be applied in real-life situations, as there may be more at play than just classical physics. Additionally, it can be argued that the mental leap needed to establish theories like General Relativity or
studentxlol
After studying both areas of classical and quantum physics in some depth, I've reached the conclusion classical physics is more elegant and ingenious than quantum physics.

Newton's law of gravitation is elegant because its sheer simplicity allows us to map the trajectory of satellites.

Classical physics is a refinement of everday life. Quantum physics is a refinement of classical physics.

Therefore the notions of classical physics must have required an absolute genius to refine from everyday life - such as Newton. With quantum physics however, the foundations are already in place.

Physics news on Phys.org
classical physics is interesting to me too, but I wonder that if it can fully be used in real life applications, there is more that is happening then just classical physics.

Well it's definitely true that classic physics is simple and elegant, I would say it took a greater mental leap to establish something like General Relativity or Quantum Physics, than it did for Newton. Though I think it's arguable that Copernicus made a mental leap just as big as Einstein did.

What is the main difference between Classical Physics and Quantum Physics?

The main difference between Classical Physics and Quantum Physics is their underlying theories and principles. Classical Physics is based on the laws of mechanics and motion, while Quantum Physics is based on the principles of quantum mechanics and the behavior of subatomic particles.

What are the limitations of Classical Physics compared to Quantum Physics?

Classical Physics has limitations when it comes to describing the behavior of particles at the subatomic level. It cannot explain phenomena such as quantum entanglement and superposition, which are fundamental to quantum mechanics.

Can Classical Physics and Quantum Physics coexist?

Yes, Classical Physics and Quantum Physics can coexist and are both used to describe different aspects of the physical world. Classical Physics is used to explain macroscopic phenomena, while Quantum Physics is used to explain microscopic phenomena.

What are some real-world applications of Classical Physics and Quantum Physics?

Classical Physics has been used to develop technologies such as cars, airplanes, and bridges. Quantum Physics has led to advancements in areas such as computer technology, medical imaging, and cryptography.

Is Classical Physics or Quantum Physics more accurate?

Both Classical Physics and Quantum Physics have been extensively tested and have been shown to accurately describe their respective domains. However, Quantum Physics is considered to be more accurate when dealing with subatomic particles and their behavior.