Clean words that sound bad or dirty, and alternative definitions

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
50 replies · 22K views
The shorthand name for Aryl Selenide.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
prickly - Arildno's definition of a good date. :biggrin:
But nothing but that can be quite boring.
Or rather, because it isn't boring anyone, it becomes boring.
 
When I was an undergrad, I had a friend who, even in the most innoccuous of contexts, refused to say stuff like "When did he come?", because of the double meaning. He would always say "When did he occur?"

Of course, for me, this had just the opposite of the intended effect. Hearing anyone, not just my friend, say "occur" made me think of ...

Regards,
George
 
George Jones said:
When I was an undergrad, I had a friend who, even in the most innoccuous of contexts, refused to say stuff like "When did he come?", because of the double meaning. He would always say "When did he occur?"

Of course, for me, this had just the opposite of the intended effect. Hearing anyone, not just my friend, say "occur" made me think of ...

Regards,
George
:smile: :smile:

"I'm occurring! occurring!"
I would have been spooked out if somebody said that..
 
1. Bush
2. Shaft
3. Wankel
4. Flange
5. Gland
6. Gusset
7. Back-end Wetness
8. Lubrication
9. Butt Plug
10. Flashing
11. Slot
12. Ram Rod
13. Orifice Gauge
14. Big End
15. Nipples
16. Thrust
17. Head Loss
18. Rear Entry Nozzle
19. Good Lay
20. Ring Expander
21. Stiffness
22. Truss
23. Member
24. Partial Wetting
25. Complete Wetting
26. Backside Scratch
27. 12-Inch Studs
28. Cleavage
29. Deep Penetration
30. Drag
31. Probe
32. Hard Probe
33. Touch Trigger
34. Bladder
35. Cock
36. Double Entry
37. Cavity Filling
38. Flaps
39. Nailing
40. Chopper
41. Lay Shaft
42. Dribble
43. TITs
44. 3.5” Floppy
 
Yeah, engineers are a foul-mouthed lot..
 
Demure-for some reason, my associations go along the lines of "allure" and "manure".
 
Cock Robin
Arsenal
Muffin
Gaydon, a place name near me.
Rubber
vibrator
 
Hyperbolic
Nut crackers
Crabb apples
 
arildno said:
:smile: :smile:

"I'm occurring! occurring!"
I would have been spooked out if somebody said that..
And if someone was having multiple occurances, would you say they were recurring ? :-p
 
Gokul43201 said:
And if someone was having multiple occurances, would you say they were recurring ? :-p
Maybe..anyways, I have always liked recurrence relations.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
oh jeez, and of course: Penal Institution
I didn't know you had been to Fire Island