1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intro Physics College Physics by OpenStax College

1. Strongly Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lightly Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lightly don't Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Strongly don't Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jan 20, 2013 #1

bcrowell

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2013 #2

bcrowell

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is a free online book created through the Connexions project at Rice University and released under the Creative Commons CC-BY license.

Most concepts seem to be reasonably well motivated. E.g., the equation for torque in terms of force isn't presented until after some physical examples.

There are plenty of homework problems, but a seemingly complete lack of problems of a symbolic rather than numerical nature.

The layout is amateurish (probably due to the limitations imposed by the Connexions software, and their decision to release the book in a variety of formats), but there is a large amount of very professional looking line art done in a consistent style.

4. Aug 31, 2013 #3

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

This looks like a great resource. I've been looking for a supplement for my College Physics course, and this looks perfect. I've been having trouble with the required textbook for my class lacking in explanations in some areas, this looks a lot more comprehensive.

The price isn't bad either. I like things that are free. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted