OpenStax Free College Physics Textbook

In summary, OpenStax Free College Physics Textbook is a free, open-source textbook created by OpenStax for college-level students. It is different from other textbooks because it is completely free and openly licensed, and undergoes rigorous peer-review and editing processes. It can be used for physics courses, and contributions from subject matter experts, educators, and students are encouraged. The textbook can be accessed through the OpenStax website, as a free PDF, in various e-reader formats, and through popular learning management systems.
ChiralWaltz
Physics news on Phys.org
You are awesome. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Great site Chiral!

thank you so much =)

good, thanks you

1. What is OpenStax Free College Physics Textbook?

OpenStax Free College Physics Textbook is a free, open-source textbook created by OpenStax, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable educational materials. It covers various topics in physics and is designed for college-level students.

2. How is this textbook different from other textbooks?

This textbook is different from others because it is completely free and openly licensed, meaning anyone can access, use, and modify the content without any restrictions. It also undergoes rigorous peer-review and editing processes to ensure accuracy and quality.

3. Can I use this textbook for my physics course?

Yes, you can use this textbook for your physics course. It covers all the major topics in physics and is designed to align with many college-level physics courses. However, it is always best to check with your professor to make sure it meets the requirements for your specific course.

4. Can I contribute to this textbook?

Absolutely! OpenStax encourages contributions from subject matter experts, educators, and students. You can submit edits, suggest improvements, or even write new content for the textbook. All contributions go through a rigorous review process before being incorporated into the textbook.

5. How can I access the OpenStax Free College Physics Textbook?

You can access the textbook by visiting the OpenStax website or downloading the free PDF version. It is also available in various e-reader formats and can be purchased in print form at a low cost. You can also access the textbook through popular learning management systems such as Canvas and Blackboard.