Comparing the wavefunction of single and entangled particle

• Thread starter friend
  • Start date
I meant general relativity... or how quantum particles are coupled or connected to spacetime. Is this not a necessity to know to understand the problem better?
That runs into problems.

Since curved space-time and gravity are the same thing its the big problem of a quantum theory of gravity:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1209.3511

Thanks
Bill

That runs into problems.

Since curved space-time and gravity are the same thing its the big problem of a quantum theory of gravity:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1209.3511

Thanks
Bill
I know quantum gravity is quantizing spacetime manifold or geometry such as loop quantum gravity.. while in string theory, spacetime and particles came up from degrees of freedom of the strings. But if these two were wrong and spacetime and matter came from dynamics of say holographic principle information theory. Then quantum states are the primitives or more primary and observations defined from it. Is this possible? This is the sense of what I meant knowing how quantum particles are coupled to spacetime can make clearer the measurement problem.

I know quantum gravity is quantizing spacetime manifold or geometry such as loop quantum gravity.. while in string theory, spacetime and particles came up from degrees of freedom of the strings. But if these two were wrong and spacetime and matter came from dynamics of say holographic principle information theory. Then quantum states are the primitives or more primary and observations defined from it. Is this possible? This is the sense of what I meant knowing how quantum particles are coupled to spacetime can make clearer the measurement problem.
Its possible.

But remember what this forum is about - personal highly speculative theories are against forum rules.

So lets stick with stuff in standard physics texts and/or reputable peer reviewed papers.

Thanks
Bill

Its possible.

But remember what this forum is about - personal highly speculative theories are against forum rules.

So lets stick with stuff in standard physics texts and/or reputable peer reviewed papers.

Thanks
Bill
Therefore ignorant essemble interpretation may not a very good mindset because we have unsolved problem of quantum gravity which may solve the in between. Therefore for those working with quantum gravity, none would be thinking of ignorant essemble interpretation. Is this correct?

Therefore ignorant essemble interpretation may not a very good mindset because we have unsolved problem of quantum gravity which may solve the in between.
Your reasoning escapes me.

The ignorance ensemble applies to QM and QFT. Quantum gravity, as the link I gave explains, is a perfectly good theory up to a cut-off. What's beyond the cut-off - who knows. It may necessitate a revision of the other stuff - but as of now there is no issue.

Thanks
Bill

Your reasoning escapes me.

The ignorance ensemble applies to QM and QFT. Quantum gravity, as the link I gave explains, is a perfectly good theory up to a cut-off. What's beyond the cut-off - who knows. It may necessitate a revision of the other stuff - but as of now there is no issue.

Thanks
Bill
QM and QFT are just effective field theory.. their spacetime are fixed. In general relativistic quantum field theory, the fields interacts with geometry. So before wavefunction collapse or even EPR particle entanglements, won't the geometry be able to track the fields or particles while still in pure states?

general relativistic quantum field theory, the fields interacts with geometry
Don't know that one - have you a paper?

And if you don't can we stick to conventional physics?

Thanks
Bill