1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Compiling F77 w/Silverfrost FTN95

1. Oct 29, 2008 #1
    I cannot for the life of me compile a f77 program with this software. I always get the error:

FTN77 must be on the PATH.

I'm pretty sure I figured out how to add stuff to my PATH, but I looked in the program folder and I don't see anything with "FTN77" in the name, so I have no idea what to add to the path. According to the website, this program should compile ftn77.

Any ideas? I really don't want to download another compiler (especially since I tried downloading g77 and can't even get things unzipped).

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2010 #2

4. May 6, 2010 #3
    FTN95 can compile Fortran 77 code (Fortran 77 is a language standard). FTN77 is a Fortran 77 compiler and so FTN95 can compile the same code as FTN77. FTN95 is not FTN77 -- its FTN95!

So you can take any code that you compiled with FTN77 and compile it with FTN95.

5. Aug 13, 2011 #4
    You haven't given us any information at all.

The command you need to give is something like:
    FTN95 file.F77 /FIXED_FORMAT
    or whatever suffix you have used on your file name.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?