Compression and output velocity

In summary, the conversation discusses launching foam balls using spinning wheels and how the process works. The question asked is how to calculate the output velocity of the ball and the desired spinning speed of the wheel. It is mentioned that the ball shoots out at the same velocity as the spinning wheel, plus the rebound force from compressing the ball. The concept of calculating the rebound force is also brought up.
Thundagere
So, I'm launching foam balls using spinning wheels. The way it works is a sheet of polycarb is near the wheels. The ball is fed into the wheel and is compressed. The wheel turns and shoots the ball out.
My question is this. How should I calculate the output velocity of the ball? I know the torque of the motor, the dimensions of the wheel, the compression force in lbs of the ball, etc., but I need to calculate the output velocity of the ball and the velocity I want the wheel to spin at. Can someone explain these concepts to me?
Thanks for any help!

Physics news on Phys.org
The ball shoots out at the same velocity as the spinning wheel plus the rebound force generated by squeezing the ball.

How would I calculate the rebound force?

1. What is compression?

Compression is the process of reducing the size of a file or data by removing redundant information. This is achieved by using algorithms to encode the data in a more efficient way, resulting in a smaller file size.

2. What is output velocity?

Output velocity refers to the speed at which data is processed and transferred from one system to another. It is often measured in megabytes per second (MB/s) or gigabits per second (Gb/s).

3. How does compression affect output velocity?

Compression can actually improve output velocity by reducing the size of the data being transferred. This results in faster transfer times and less strain on the system's resources.

4. What are the benefits of using compression and output velocity?

The main benefit of using compression and output velocity is that it allows for more efficient use of storage space and faster data transfer speeds. This is especially important in large-scale data processing and storage systems.

5. Are there any downsides to compression and output velocity?

One potential downside of compression is that it can sometimes result in loss of data or decrease in quality. It also requires additional processing power and can be more complex to implement in certain systems.