Computational physics textbook using python

In summary, Claude is looking for a textbook on computational physics using python and is currently evaluating Computational Physics with Python by Mark Newman. They are also interested in hearing about any other recommended materials or experiences with teaching or studying computational physics using python."
DrClaude
Mentor
I'm looking for a textbook on computational physics based on python. For now I have found Computational Physics with Python by Mark Newman, which I am trying to evaluate. If you have experience with this book or a similar book, I would like to hear from you. (And only if you have knowledge about the book; I can use Google by myself:-p.)

Similarily, if you taught/studied computational physics with python, what material did you use and what was the experience like?

Thanks!

Claude

Likes atyy
Technology news on Phys.org
Could this help?

http://www.compadre.org/psrc/document/ServeFile.cfm?ID=11578&DocID=2498
http://www.compadre.org/psrc/items/detail.cfm?ID=11578

1. What is computational physics?

Computational physics is a branch of physics that uses computer simulations and numerical methods to study and solve complex physical problems.

2. Why is python used in computational physics?

Python is a popular programming language in computational physics because of its simplicity, versatility, and large number of scientific libraries and tools available. It also has a user-friendly syntax, making it easier for beginners to learn and use.

3. What topics are typically covered in a computational physics textbook using python?

Topics covered in a computational physics textbook using python may include numerical methods, data analysis and visualization, programming techniques, and applications in various areas of physics such as mechanics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics.

4. Is prior programming experience necessary to understand a computational physics textbook using python?

No, prior programming experience is not necessary, but it can be helpful. Most computational physics textbooks using python start with the basics and gradually introduce more advanced concepts, allowing beginners to learn and apply programming skills while studying physics.

5. Are there any online resources or tutorials available for learning computational physics using python?

Yes, there are many online resources and tutorials available for learning computational physics using python, including interactive courses, video lectures, and open-source textbooks. Some popular resources include Codeacademy, Coursera, and the official python website.