Compute the taylor's expansion (series)

In summary, the Taylor series for f(z) around z_0 = 1 is:f(z)=-5/3+3i+10/9+3i (z-1)/1!+50/27+(z-1)^2/2!+4/27+(z-1)^3/3!
MohdPrince
[SOLVED] compute the taylor's expansion (series)

Homework Statement

compute the taylor's expansion (series) for:

f(z)= [z^4 + (2-3i)*z^3 - 6i*z^2 + 2]/[z(z+2)]

where Zo (Z node or Z(0)) = 1

i need answer as soon as possible please!

Physics news on Phys.org
we don't give answer here, read and follow the forum rules.

i tried replacing each z wth x+iy but it went into a huge binomial equation i couldn't solve, here is part of my work:
z^4 = (x+iy)^4 = x^4 + (x^3 + iy) + (x^2 - y^2) + (x - iy^3) + y^4

z^4 + (2-3i)*z^3 = x^4 + (3-3i)*(x^3 + x^2 + x - y^2) + (3 + 3i)*(y - y^3) + y^4

and i don't know what to do after that, please help me!
thanks...

Start from the definition of a Taylor series.

this is complex analysis right?

Are you supposed do evaluate taylor series for this f(z) around z_0 = 1 ?

malawi_glenn said:
this is complex analysis right?

Are you supposed do evaluate taylor series for this f(z) around z_0 = 1 ?

yes, can you help in that?

Vid said:
Start from the definition of a Taylor series.

the problem is that this equation will not be easy to defferenciate it has to be simplified first
or if you could do it as it is please tell me how

thanks

Divide z+2 into the top. Break apart the resulting fraction and simplify.

can you please show me the steps of dividing by z+2 & the breaking apart of the fraction?

thanks

No..

MohdPrince said:
can you please show me the steps of dividing by z+2 & the breaking apart of the fraction?

thanks

We don't provide that kind of help here. You show that you can try first, then we help you.

Takning the derivatives of [z^4 + (2-3i)*z^3 - 6i*z^2 + 2]/[z(z+2)] is straightforward if you know your derivation rules, which are the same as in real analysis.

ok thanks very much, i'll try solving it again

thanks for all your help, I've finally done it, and here is my final answer:

f(z)= (5/3 - 3i) + (10/9 - 3i) (z - 1)/1! + (50/27) [(z-1)^2]/2! + (4/27) [(z - 1)^3]/3! + ...

1. What is Taylor's expansion (series)?

Taylor's expansion, also known as Taylor series, is a mathematical method used to represent a function as an infinite sum of terms. It is named after the mathematician Brook Taylor and is commonly used to approximate a function near a certain point.

2. Why is Taylor's expansion important in science?

Taylor's expansion is important in science because it allows us to approximate complex functions with simpler ones, making calculations and predictions easier. It also helps us understand the behavior of a function near a certain point, which can provide insight into the properties of the function.

3. How is Taylor's expansion calculated?

Taylor's expansion is calculated by finding the derivatives of a function at a specific point and using them to create a polynomial. The more derivatives we include in the expansion, the more accurate the approximation will be.

4. What is the difference between Taylor's series and Maclaurin series?

Taylor's series and Maclaurin series are both types of Taylor expansions, but they differ in the point around which the function is approximated. Taylor's series is centered around any point, while Maclaurin series is centered around the point x=0.

5. How is Taylor's expansion used in real-world applications?

Taylor's expansion is used in various real-world applications, such as physics, engineering, and economics. It is used to approximate physical phenomena, model systems, and make predictions. It is also used in computer graphics to create smooth curves and surfaces.