Computer problem : need understanding

• Thread starter JPC
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, the computer had a problem with its alimentation and when the user tried to add a new component, it stopped working again. The user then reconfigured the BIOS and it started working again.
JPC
Computer problem : need understanding !

hey

i have a computer with lots of componements like big graphic cards, Tv card, ect
my alimentation didnt have enough sub plugs to plug all my componements so i had to use a thing to dooble 1

since now, no problems

but suddenly , pc bugs, when i restart , just after the Motherboard display, says 'NTLDR' missing
there i was like : my Main hard disc destroyed itself, or really nasty virus that modified my XP boot program

then, i tried unplugging one of my other hard discs
rebooted , and worked

why suddenly, i cannot have another componment, and before i could

now i probs have to buy new alimentation

(sorry if i don't have the right vocab, but i have all the PC vocab in french so ..)

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm no expert, but in my old computer repair class ntldr error usually was before reloading the operating system.

Restart and enter your computers BIOS, check the hard drive boot order. If you added a hard drive, this may have changed. Regardless, try chaning the hard drive ordering and see what works.

i have now tested some things and i understand some things

in a way that i don't know
possibly :
- bad virus, trojan, ect
- dust in pc which heated, and got the motherboard not enough power
the motherboard reseted itself
and it confused my IDE disk , and my SATA disk
and so when i boot, it tried to boot with my secondary disk (with no windows on it)

that would explain why
when i disconect my secondary disc , everything works

but now, i am wondering about the cause
what do u think :
- bad virus, trojan, ect
- dust in pc which heated, and got the motherboard not enough power
- other ?

Possibly you have the master and slave drives mixed up.

But regardless, the key here for you is to make small steps in locating the problem. Set aside your theories for the moment and let's go to empirical evidence. Remove components until you have it working again, then install them one-by-one as per instructions until you repeat the error, then give us the error and the steps that led up to it.

Last edited:
but i have already have it working again

i saw all my BIOS had been reseted
i just reconfigured it all, and now , its working again

what i am interested in is : why my BIOS reseted suddenly ?

It's a mystery JPC.

Glitches are built into every motherboard... :smile:

Aquafire

A likely cause of the BIOS spontaneously resetting itself to it's default settings is low power in the CMOS battery on the mobo. If it happens again try putting in a new battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok noted, thanks

1. What is the most common cause of computer problems?

The most common cause of computer problems is software issues, such as viruses, corrupt files, or incompatible programs. Hardware issues can also cause problems, but they are less common.

2. How can I troubleshoot a computer problem?

To troubleshoot a computer problem, start by identifying the specific issue you are experiencing. Then, try restarting your computer, running a virus scan, or checking for updates. If the problem persists, you may need to seek help from a professional or do more in-depth troubleshooting.

3. Why does my computer freeze or crash frequently?

Freezing or crashing can be caused by a variety of factors, such as insufficient RAM, overheating, or software conflicts. It is important to address these issues promptly to prevent further damage to your computer.

4. How can I prevent computer problems?

To prevent computer problems, make sure to regularly update your software and operating system, use antivirus software, and practice safe browsing habits. It is also important to back up your important files regularly to avoid data loss in case of a problem.

5. When should I seek professional help for a computer problem?

If you have tried troubleshooting the issue on your own and are still experiencing problems, it may be time to seek professional help. Additionally, if you are not familiar with computer troubleshooting or do not feel comfortable attempting to fix the issue, it is best to seek help from a professional.