Computing tools for social studies documents

In summary, the conversation is about document computing tools for social studies students/scholars, specifically charting, visualizing, flowcharting, and infographing tools. The person is curious about what specific tools are used for these purposes, and mentions that MS Office and Visio are not very productive when chart complexity increases. They ask for recommendations on tools and mention Visio Professional 2013 and Edrawsoft as good options. They also mention an open source option, Graphviz, and express their willingness to learn how to use Visio more thoroughly.
luben
Maybe it is not that specific to social studies when one is talking about document computing tools (which I refer to content-related tools here, e.g. Charting, Visualising, Flowcharting, and Infographing tools, etc), but I really am curious about what specific tools are social studies students/scholars using for the above purposes. Before, I used the MS Office and found that it was hard to control the content precisely, visio may be better, but still doesn't feel very productive when the chart complexity increased. For example when flowcharting something like this, I often messed up and feel like I am not in control when using the tool, and the result is not very appealing...

So my question is, what tools are you using when flowcharting, infographing, data-visualing?
I would very appreciate some pointers, and shall be happy to try them out...

Computer science news on Phys.org
Those are good links, thank you. Maybe I should learn more thoroughly on how to use visio.

1. What are computing tools for social studies documents?

Computing tools for social studies documents are digital resources and software programs that are specifically designed to aid in the creation, analysis, and presentation of documents related to social studies topics. These tools range from basic word processing programs to more advanced data visualization and analysis software.

2. What types of computing tools are commonly used in social studies?

Some common computing tools used in social studies include word processors, presentation software, spreadsheets, databases, mapping software, and data visualization programs. These tools allow for the creation and manipulation of text, images, and data to support research and analysis in social studies topics.

3. How can computing tools enhance the study of social studies?

Computing tools can enhance the study of social studies by allowing for easier organization and analysis of data, creation of multimedia presentations, and collaboration with other researchers. These tools also provide access to a vast amount of information and resources online, allowing for more comprehensive and in-depth research.

4. Are there any specific computing tools that are best for social studies?

The best computing tools for social studies will depend on the specific needs and goals of the researcher. However, some commonly used tools in social studies include Google Docs for collaborative writing, Excel for data analysis, and ArcGIS for mapping and visualization.

5. How can students and researchers learn to use computing tools for social studies?

There are many resources available for learning how to use computing tools for social studies. These include online tutorials, workshops, and courses offered by universities or educational institutions. Additionally, many software programs have built-in help features and online communities where users can ask questions and learn from others.