Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Continue work with reference to Thread # 304738

1. Feb 26, 2014 #1
    I have gathered experimental data regarding this heat transfer problem. Unfortunately right now there is no simple way to measure discharge water temperature.

On the theoretical approach developed on post # 10 of abovementioned thread, a water temperature increase of 50 °C was considered.

Please help me with the same numerical development, but now for a 25 °C water temperature increase.
    Question: In this case, for the same steel considerations, the water flow is going to be twice as the one for 50 °C, which was 4.6 liters/sec? If not, what is going to be the amount of water flow?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2014 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

Sorry, the thread number in the post doesn't link to anything related to heat transfer.

Please repost a valid link to your thread.

4. Feb 26, 2014 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Here is the thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=304738

It's from 2009, so that's why it was closed (old threads are generally locked after a few years). I can merge this new thread back into the old one and unlock it all if folks think that's a better way to handle the new information.

5. Feb 27, 2014 #4
    Thank you, berkeman.

Indeed, it´s an old thread. Unfortunately in 2009 I had to deal with many other issues at work, and had to put the problem aside. But right now I´m involved again with the heat transfer problem, so I am asking for more help on the theoretical side.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted