Continue work with reference to Thread # 304738

1. I have gathered experimental data regarding this heat transfer problem. Unfortunately right now there is no simple way to measure discharge water temperature.

On the theoretical approach developed on post # 10 of abovementioned thread, a water temperature increase of 50 °C was considered.

Please help me with the same numerical development, but now for a 25 °C water temperature increase.
    Question: In this case, for the same steel considerations, the water flow is going to be twice as the one for 50 °C, which was 4.6 liters/sec? If not, what is going to be the amount of water flow?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. SteamKing

SteamKing 8,625
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Sorry, the thread number in the post doesn't link to anything related to heat transfer.

Please repost a valid link to your thread.

4. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Here is the thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=304738

It's from 2009, so that's why it was closed (old threads are generally locked after a few years). I can merge this new thread back into the old one and unlock it all if folks think that's a better way to handle the new information.

5. Thank you, berkeman.

Indeed, it´s an old thread. Unfortunately in 2009 I had to deal with many other issues at work, and had to put the problem aside. But right now I´m involved again with the heat transfer problem, so I am asking for more help on the theoretical side.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted