Continue work with reference to Thread # 304738

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of measuring discharge water temperature in a heat transfer problem and the development of a theoretical approach to calculate the water temperature increase. The original post on the thread mentions a 50 °C water temperature increase, and the question asks for the same calculation for a 25 °C increase. The thread is from 2009 and may need to be reopened for further discussion.
capterdi
I have gathered experimental data regarding this heat transfer problem. Unfortunately right now there is no simple way to measure discharge water temperature.

On the theoretical approach developed on post # 10 of abovementioned thread, a water temperature increase of 50 °C was considered.

Please help me with the same numerical development, but now for a 25 °C water temperature increase.
Question: In this case, for the same steel considerations, the water flow is going to be twice as the one for 50 °C, which was 4.6 liters/sec? If not, what is going to be the amount of water flow?

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, the thread number in the post doesn't link to anything related to heat transfer.

Please repost a valid link to your thread.

Here is the thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=304738

It's from 2009, so that's why it was closed (old threads are generally locked after a few years). I can merge this new thread back into the old one and unlock it all if folks think that's a better way to handle the new information.

Thank you, berkeman.

Indeed, it´s an old thread. Unfortunately in 2009 I had to deal with many other issues at work, and had to put the problem aside. But right now I´m involved again with the heat transfer problem, so I am asking for more help on the theoretical side.

Thank you for sharing your experimental data and the theoretical approach developed on post #10. It is great to see that you are continuing your work on this heat transfer problem.

Regarding the question about the water flow for a 25 °C temperature increase, it is not accurate to assume that the flow will be twice as much as the one for 50 °C. The amount of water flow depends on various factors such as the material properties of the steel, the geometry of the system, and the heat transfer coefficient.

To accurately determine the water flow for a 25 °C temperature increase, you can use the same numerical development approach as in post #10, but with the new temperature difference of 25 °C. You can also consider using a heat transfer calculator or simulation software to get a more precise result.

I would also suggest conducting further experiments to validate your theoretical approach and to gather more data points for different temperature differences. This will help to improve the accuracy of your numerical development and provide a better understanding of the heat transfer problem.

Good luck with your research!

What is the purpose of continuing work with reference to Thread # 304738?

The purpose of continuing work with reference to Thread # 304738 is to ensure that the research and experimentation being conducted follows a consistent and organized approach. This thread serves as a reference point for all the work being done, allowing for easy tracking of progress and results.

Why is Thread # 304738 specifically referenced for continuing work?

Thread # 304738 was most likely chosen as a reference point for continuing work because it contains relevant and important information related to the research being conducted. This thread may have been previously established as a central point for updates and discussions, making it a natural choice for referencing.

How does continuing work with reference to Thread # 304738 benefit the scientific process?

Continuing work with reference to Thread # 304738 benefits the scientific process by promoting consistency and organization. By using this thread as a reference point, researchers can ensure that their work is following a clear and established path, making it easier to track progress and make connections between different experiments or findings.

Are there any drawbacks to referencing Thread # 304738 for continuing work?

Potential drawbacks of referencing Thread # 304738 for continuing work may include limiting creativity and innovation. If researchers are too focused on following a predetermined path, they may miss out on new ideas and approaches that could lead to breakthroughs. It's important to strike a balance between structure and flexibility in the scientific process.

How can Thread # 304738 be effectively utilized for continuing work?

To effectively utilize Thread # 304738 for continuing work, it's important to regularly update and review the thread with new information and progress. This thread should serve as a central hub for all relevant discussions and findings, allowing for easy access and reference by all members involved in the research project.