Convergence of ln(x)/x^1.0001 Series - Finding the Integral

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Frillth
Messages
77
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



For this problem, I need to determine whether a series with the general term ln(x)/x^1.0001 will converge from x=1 to x=infinity.

Homework Equations



I'm not quite sure what the relevant equations would be for this, but I'm supposed to use one of the series convergence tests, like the ratio test, root test, integral test, comparison test, or limit comparison test.

The Attempt at a Solution



It seems like the integral test should apply to this problem, but for some reason I can't find the integral.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, you know that the series will diverge or converge with the associated integral, right?
Also remember that the logarithm of x grows slower to infinity than ANY positive power of x does.