Convergence problem in ANSYS Workbench

In summary, the convergence problem in ANSYS Workbench refers to when the solution process fails to reach a stable and accurate solution, which can occur due to various reasons. This problem can significantly affect simulation results and there are several techniques that can be used to solve it, such as improving mesh quality and adjusting solution controls. While it may not always be preventable, steps can be taken to minimize the chances of it occurring. There are also resources available for troubleshooting, including the ANSYS user manual and technical support.
Elementalnature
Hi, i solved a model but i got an error saying that "The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the non linear problem as constrained". Can someone offer advice on how i can fix this error?

upload_2015-4-11_20-0-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-11_19-58-38.png
    upload_2015-4-11_19-58-38.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 868
It sounds like you have not adequately constrained the problem. You need to avoid uncontrolled rigid body motion as much as possible. If some rotation or linear is required, you need to constrain it somehow, possibly using contact sets. Is this some type of chuck on a roll handling equipment?

1. What is the convergence problem in ANSYS Workbench?

The convergence problem in ANSYS Workbench refers to the situation where the solution process fails to reach a stable and accurate solution. This can occur due to various reasons such as high aspect ratio elements, poor mesh quality, or incorrect boundary conditions.

2. How does the convergence problem affect my simulation results?

The convergence problem can significantly affect your simulation results by providing inaccurate or unstable solutions. This can lead to incorrect predictions, which can have serious consequences in engineering design and analysis.

3. What are some common techniques to solve the convergence problem in ANSYS Workbench?

There are several techniques that can be used to solve the convergence problem in ANSYS Workbench. These include improving the mesh quality, adjusting the solution controls, and using more advanced solution methods such as adaptive meshing or submodeling.

4. Can I prevent the convergence problem from occurring in my simulation?

While it is not always possible to prevent the convergence problem from occurring, there are some steps that can be taken to minimize the chances. These include carefully selecting element types and meshing parameters, using appropriate boundary conditions, and performing convergence studies to identify potential issues.

5. Are there any resources available for troubleshooting the convergence problem in ANSYS Workbench?

Yes, there are several resources available for troubleshooting the convergence problem in ANSYS Workbench. These include the ANSYS user manual, online forums, and technical support from ANSYS. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of the physics and numerical methods involved in the simulation to effectively troubleshoot the convergence issue.