ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor problem

In summary, ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor is a software tool that allows users to create and modify geometries and meshes for simulations in the ANSYS software suite. It can be accessed by opening ANSYS Workbench and clicking on the Geometry or Mesh button, or by right-clicking on the respective component in the project schematic. The editor offers features such as geometry creation and modification tools, automatic mesh generation, mesh refinement options, and file import/export capabilities. It also has an undo function and there are various tutorials and resources available for learning how to use it.
Joydeep Munshi
Hi everyone,

I have recently installed ANSYS 14.5. But after opening workbench, while trying to open Fluent I am getting problems like "Unable to start the geometry editor." and "Unable to start the Meshing editor." I have attached the error screen shot. Please help me out in this. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Error SS_Fluent.png
    Error SS_Fluent.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,602
Engineering news on Phys.org
You're going to have to ask ANSYS support directly for help with this kind of problem.

1. What is ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor?

ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor is a software tool used for creating and modifying geometries and meshes for simulations in the ANSYS software suite. It is a part of the ANSYS Workbench platform and provides users with a user-friendly interface for creating and manipulating complex geometries and meshes.

2. How do I access the ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor?

To access the ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor, you need to first open ANSYS Workbench and start a new project. Then, you can click on the Geometry or Mesh button in the toolbar to launch the respective editor. Alternatively, you can also access the editor by right-clicking on the geometry or mesh component in the project schematic and selecting "Edit" from the menu.

3. What are the main features of the ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor?

The ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor offers a wide range of features for creating and manipulating geometries and meshes. Some of the main features include a variety of geometry creation and modification tools, automatic mesh generation capabilities, mesh refinement options, and the ability to import and export various geometry and mesh file formats.

4. Can I undo changes in the ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor?

Yes, the ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor has an undo function that allows you to revert changes made to the geometry or mesh. You can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Z or go to the Edit menu and select "Undo" to undo your last action. You can also use the "Redo" option to reapply changes that were undone.

5. Are there any tutorials or resources available for learning how to use the ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor?

Yes, there are many tutorials and resources available online for learning how to use the ANSYS 14.5 Workbench Geometry and Mesh editor. These include official ANSYS documentation, video tutorials, and user forums where you can find tips and advice from other users. Additionally, ANSYS also offers training courses for their software, including the Geometry and Mesh editor.