1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Convert average into GPA for a foreigner

1. Feb 12, 2009 #1

fluidistic

Gold Member

Hi PF,
    It might sounds stupid but if I don't ask I'll not know until I reach another turning point in my life.
    I'm currently studying in Argentina and I'd like to know if there is a website or something like that that can tell what is my GPA in function of my average. Here we're evaluated on 10 and the passing grade is 4/10. I've heard that a 4/10 correspond to scoring well 60% of the exam, but it might just be rumors.
    I'm a bit worried about my average and I'd like to know if I can dream about graduating in the US. Anyway I know I better score the best possible in order not to worry that much.
    Sorry if I posted in the wrong section. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2009 #2
    In general, there is no hard and fast way to convert between foreign grading systems.

4. Feb 12, 2009 #3

fluidistic

Gold Member

Ok. Thank you for answering. It remains to me to get the best grades now.

5. Feb 12, 2009 #4
    I did find this. But keep in mind that it has no official meaning; it's just a guideline.

http://www.wes.org/gradeconversionguide/argentina.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Feb 13, 2009 #5

fluidistic

Gold Member

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook