Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utliity

In summary: All verizon members have their phone number @vtext.comAll verizon members have their phone number @vtext.comWorks for tmobile too, as I just wrote a python script to send me a text when my batch job finishes or breaks.In summary, if you want to send a text message from your computer to your cell phone, you need to use a service like vtext, tmobile, or email.
rhody
Gold Member
n35i07.jpg

Go to: http://www.txt2day.com/"

Enter the 10 digit phone number, no dashes

Return e-mail (optional)

You select the destination cell phone's provider

Normal tweet text message

Answer the anti-spam question (don't forget or the message won't be sent)

Press send...

That's it...

Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Most cell phone companies have put restraints on this type of computer to cell texting due to spammers.

Evo said:
Most cell phone companies have put restraints on this type of computer to cell texting due to spammers.

Evo,

I agree, that's why you answer the anti-spam question, covers the sender, try it with a couple of your friend's and report back if any or all of your friend's cell phone providers block them.

I know TMobile doesn't block messages from "txt2day", or should I say didn't as of a month or so ago.

Rhody...

rhody said:
Evo,

I agree, that's why you answer the anti-spam question, covers the sender, try it with a couple of your friend's and report back if any or all of your friend's cell phone providers block them.

I know TMobile doesn't block messages from "txt2day", or should I say didn't as of a month or so ago.

Rhody...
I wasn't clear, sorry, cell phone companies offer free computer to cell phone texting on their networks, but many are now requiring authentication due to spamming and harrassing complaints. I didn't mean that they block messages from the service you posted, although if complaints are made, I am sure they will get blocked in the future.

You can also send texts via email.

All verizon members have their phone number @vtext.com

MotoH said:
All verizon members have their phone number @vtext.com
Works for tmobile too, as I just wrote a python script to send me a text when my batch job finishes or breaks.

1. How does the "Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utility" work?

The "Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utility" works by connecting your computer to your cell phone through a USB data cable or Bluetooth connection. It then allows you to type and send text messages directly from your computer to your phone, using a user-friendly interface.

2. Is the "Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utility" compatible with all cell phones?

No, the "Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utility" is not compatible with all cell phones. It is important to check the compatibility of your specific phone model before purchasing the software. Some popular phone brands that are compatible with this utility include iPhone, Samsung, and LG.

3. Can I send text messages to multiple recipients using the "Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utility"?

Yes, you can send text messages to multiple recipients using this utility. You can either select multiple contacts from your phonebook or manually enter multiple phone numbers to send the message to.

4. Is the "Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utility" secure?

Yes, the "Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utility" is secure. It does not store any of your personal information or messages on the computer or phone. It also uses encryption to ensure that your messages are safe and cannot be intercepted by third parties.

5. Can I schedule text messages to be sent at a specific time using the "Cool PC to Cell Phone Text Utility"?

Yes, you can schedule text messages to be sent at a specific time using this utility. This feature comes in handy when you want to send reminders or important messages to someone at a specific time without having to remember to do it later.