Corrective lenses, power of the eye change

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
DJ-Smiles
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Ok so I'm doing my physics assignment on optics and have come to a point where i seriously need help.

I need to talk about how a corrective lens, in particular contact lens, changes the optical power of the eye to suit different refractive errors.

I need to know how a contact lens changes the optical power of the eye when treating myopia. I am not looking for an answer about the focal length, I understand that.
Any relevant help is is greatly appreciated
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi DJ-Smiles! :wink:

When the muscles are relaxed, light "from infinity" needs to be focussed on the retina.

A refractive error means that it isn't, and the corrective lens makes it so again. :smile:
 


cheers i needed that :smile:
I was having trouble understanding it
thanks