Cotton Insulation vs Glad Wrap Bag for solar water heater?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
lasisdabomb
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hello Physics Forum. I have to complete a solar water heater project for school and choosing between what would be better for the insulation of a tin reservoir. I'm leaning towards the glad wrap bag because it will let more light hit our reservoir. However it will be a quite windy day and cotton might better suited for this type of conditions.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lasisdabomb said:
Hello Physics Forum. I have to complete a solar water heater project for school and choosing between what would be better for the insulation of a tin reservoir. I'm leaning towards the glad wrap bag because it will let more light hit our reservoir. However it will be a quite windy day and cotton might better suited for this type of conditions.
Can you think of an experiment that you could try, to decide which is best?