Coulomb and Exchange Integrals

In summary, the integrals in question will depend on the basis set, level of theory, etc. All the standard concerns with ab initio calculations. You could look for several different limits (HF complete basis set limit, non-relativistic limit, full CI limit, etc), but the chances that someone has tabulated them are probably relatively slim. Maybe try CCCBDB. If you have access to Gaussian or Molpro or some other ab initio program, you can usually get the program to evaluate the integrals at a desired level of theory. Best of luck.
bob012345
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
I'm looking for a table of Coulomb and exchange integrals for Lithium and beyond.
Summary: I'm looking for a table of Coulomb and exchange integrals for Lithium and beyond.

I'm looking for a convenient table of Coulomb and exchange integrals for Lithium and beyond. I've looked everywhere and I find integrals for J,K 1s, 2s or 1s,2p for Helium. Does anyone know of a resource? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
The integrals in question will depend on the basis set, level of theory, etc. All the standard concerns with ab initio calculations. You could look for several different limits (HF complete basis set limit, non-relativistic limit, full CI limit, etc), but the chances that someone has tabulated them are probably relatively slim. Maybe try CCCBDB.

If you have access to Gaussian or Molpro or some other ab initio program, you can usually get the program to evaluate the integrals at a desired level of theory. Best of luck.

Likes bob012345
TeethWhitener said:
The integrals in question will depend on the basis set, level of theory, etc. All the standard concerns with ab initio calculations. You could look for several different limits (HF complete basis set limit, non-relativistic limit, full CI limit, etc), but the chances that someone has tabulated them are probably relatively slim. Maybe try CCCBDB.

If you have access to Gaussian or Molpro or some other ab initio program, you can usually get the program to evaluate the integrals at a desired level of theory. Best of luck.
Thanks for responding! I'm just looking for first order pertubation theory calculations for now. Many texts have 1s2s integrals for the first excited state but not higher or not beyond 1s-something such as for the Beryllium ground state. In the meantime, I've gained practice doing the integrals myself to first order. Thanks again.

What are Coulomb and Exchange Integrals?

Coulomb and Exchange Integrals are mathematical terms used to describe the interactions between charged particles, specifically in the context of quantum mechanics. Coulomb Integrals refer to the electrostatic interactions between two charged particles, while Exchange Integrals refer to the quantum mechanical exchange of particles between two systems.

How are Coulomb and Exchange Integrals calculated?

Coulomb and Exchange Integrals are calculated using mathematical equations that take into account the distance between the charged particles, their charges, and other factors such as their spin states. These equations are derived from quantum mechanical principles and are used to describe the behavior of particles at the atomic and subatomic level.

What is the significance of Coulomb and Exchange Integrals in quantum mechanics?

Coulomb and Exchange Integrals play a crucial role in understanding the behavior of particles at the atomic and subatomic level. They are used in various theoretical models and calculations to accurately describe the interactions between particles and predict their behavior in different systems. These integrals are also essential in understanding the properties of materials and molecules, which has practical applications in fields such as chemistry, materials science, and nanotechnology.

How do Coulomb and Exchange Integrals affect the energy levels of particles?

Coulomb and Exchange Integrals influence the energy levels of particles by determining the strength of their interactions with other particles. These integrals can either increase or decrease the energy of a particle, depending on the distance and charges of the interacting particles. This is important in understanding the stability and reactivity of atoms and molecules, as well as the properties of materials.

Can Coulomb and Exchange Integrals be experimentally measured?

Yes, Coulomb and Exchange Integrals can be experimentally measured using various techniques such as spectroscopy and scattering experiments. These experiments involve analyzing the interactions between particles and using the results to calculate the values of the integrals. However, due to the complex nature of these integrals, experimental measurements may not always be feasible, and theoretical calculations are often used instead.