Creating math-related images as movie and book titles

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkFL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Images Movie
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
82 replies · 12K views
MarkFL said:
Is it:

Cast Away
?

Nice! (Rofl)

Probably right as well...
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
MarkFL said:
Is it:

Cast Away
?

yup , good drawing wasn't it ;).

Now your turn .
 
Attachments
  • mtitle3.jpg
    mtitle3.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 147
Here's another simpler one (movie title). I'll have to get more creative with these from here on out. (Devil)

moviepic3.jpg
 
Chris L T521 said:
Here's another simpler one (movie title). I'll have to get more creative with these from here on out. (Devil)

moviepic3.jpg

Is it:

The Hills Have Eyes
?
 
MarkFL said:
Is it:

The Hills Have Eyes
?

Yes, it is! I knew it was too easy.

Look's like you're up again, Mark. (Sun)
 
I got to run now, but will post one up in about 2 hours. :D
 
My guess:

Speed 2
 
anemone said:
My guess:

Speed 2

Yes, very good! Now it's your turn. (Sun)
 
Yeah, it is! It is!(Clapping)

Now, do you want to submit another image? Your choice, MarkFL!:) But I really hope you do...(Tongueout)
 
MarkFL said:
Another movie title:

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/1335

.

Is it:

Terminal Velocity
 
anemone said:
Is it:

Terminal Velocity

Yes, that is correct! (Sun)

The ball is back in your court...(Clapping)
 
MarkFL said:
Another movie title:

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/1335.

Drats! I was going to use terminal velocity as my next movie post...you beat me to it! XD

anemone said:
It's also a movie title:

View attachment 1336

Is it
[sp]The Princess Bride?[/sp]
 
anemone said:
It's also a movie title:

View attachment 1336

I think you have stumped us (well, I am stumped...:D).

Could we have a small hint? (Worried)
 
MarkFL said:
I think you have stumped us (well, I am stumped...:D).

Could we have a small hint? (Worried)

Sure...

Small hint:

Three of the four words in the movie title appeared in the image I submitted...
 
Hello again, anemone! (Sun)

I think it is safe to say you have stumped us but good! (Thinking) I would say you can now reveal your movie title, and then post another puzzle for us. (Clapping)
 
MarkFL said:
Hello again, anemone! (Sun)

I think it is safe to say you have stumped us but good! (Thinking) I would say you can now reveal your movie title, and then post another puzzle for us. (Clapping)

I think it maybe the case that my hint isn't clear enough...:o

Answer:
The Whole Nine Yards

The Whole and Yards are the three words that are revealed in the image and the reason that the dialog of the husband mentioned he doesn't remember the date of the royal wedding is because the royal wedding took its course on April 29 and the figure 9 is the wanted figure to complete the title...

Here goes another one for you guys to guess!

A movie title:
View attachment 1360
 
Attachments
  • MG_3.JPG
    MG_3.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 120
Is it:

127 Hours ?

We may be slow, but not that slow! (Rofl)
 
MarkFL said:
Is it:

127 Hours ?

Yes! That is correct!

MarkFL said:
We may be slow, but not that slow! (Rofl)

Oh okay...methinks thou doth protesteth too much, but anyhoo...

It's now your turn to keep the ball rolling...
 
MarkFL said:
We may be slow, but not that slow! (Rofl)
Haha the funny is I have try solve all the titel and could not solve any WITHOUT life of pi.. I need to watch more movie...

Regards,
$$|\pi\rangle$$