Cricket WC 2011: Who's Following?

• Thread starter foxtrot_echo_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    world cup
In summary: I don't know...really good? Boy, are the Dutch giving the Brits a rough time or what?In summary, most PF members are not following the cricket world cup 2011.
matt.o said:
I prefer "when they are good, they are good, when they are bad, someone has made a lot of money!" :smile:

Thats harsh!

And I think I was wrong about my last post. If Pakistan beat West Indies and India beat Australia, they'll be facing each other in the semi!

Physics news on Phys.org
ahsanxr said:
Thats harsh!

Ha ha! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Well I am an Indian and have no liking for Pakistan as such. But I will tell you that looking at all Pakistanis through the same glass is bad. It is how discrimination and profiling works. Although matt.o did not mean it that way but I just feel good saying:
Hate the sin and not the sinner!
(By the way Pakistan is no sinner but the saying goes something like that and I can't help it!)

Pakistan dominated the Windies! Great display of spin bowling from Hafeez, Ajmal and Afridi!

Indeed! I'm going to be anxiously waiting to see who wins tomorrow's match. Rooting for India because then the semi-final is going to be really exciting.

Their real test will be in the next match, if they win (vs Ind or Aus), I think they will take the world cup away. Afridi is proving himself to be a great captain.

matt.o said:
Pakistan dominated the Windies! Great display of spin bowling from Hafeez, Ajmal and Afridi!

I was looking forward to a nice afternoon outside in the sunshine (warmest day of the year so far here in the UK - about 20C) listening to the radio commentary, except that when I switched on Pak needed less than 20 runs to win.

Bah humbug.

ahsanxr said:
And I think I was wrong about my last post. If Pakistan beat West Indies and India beat Australia, they'll be facing each other in the semi!
Ta dah! End of an era.

Can you believe it, I actually felt vaguely sorry for the Aussies. But that quickly went away.

:frown: Australia lost... I'm one of the few Pakistanis who wanted Aus to win. :-p I felt really bad for the Aussies losing. And the idea of Pak vs Ind doesn't excite me at all, unlike everyone else in the sub-continent.

Well, there was certainly no crumbling of India's middle order last night! Ponting showed his mettle although Australia's other batsmen played some poor shots to get out at crucial times meaning there were no 100 plus partnerships and a total of 300 was not achievable. It was probably a mistake not to play the young leg spinner Smith, too, given the amount of turn in the track.

Well played India -- too good for Aus. this time round.

matt.o said:
Well, there was certainly no crumbling of India's middle order last night! Ponting showed his mettle although Australia's other batsmen played some poor shots to get out at crucial times meaning there were no 100 plus partnerships and a total of 300 was not achievable. It was probably a mistake not to play the young leg spinner Smith, too, given the amount of turn in the track.

Well played India -- too good for Aus. this time round.

I love Au, but the Indian bowlers have been absurdly good for a LOOOOONG time now. Au needed perfect batting to have a hope here, but it was a good effort... err... "a jolly good outing, what!" :wink:

I feel sorry for Ricky Ponting. But had it gone the other way round I would have mourned for Tendulkar...it's such a bruising sport.

Great playing, India.

nismaratwork said:
I love Au, but the Indian bowlers have been absurdly good for a LOOOOONG time now.

Where do you get that from? India have a mediocre bowling attack. Zaheer Kahn is fantastic; Harbajan Singh is good sometimes, sometimes not, and they have no one else, really.

What about South Africa? Living up to their chokers tag. They should have easily beaten NZ, no offence, but they are a mediocre team. SA just has so many great players.

Well, I guess I'm backing India now. The only team I think can stop them is Sri Lanka.

qspeechc said:
The only team I think can stop them is Sri Lanka.

They lost a match agains Pak.

qspeechc said:
Where do you get that from? India have a mediocre bowling attack. Zaheer Kahn is fantastic; Harbajan Singh is good sometimes, sometimes not, and they have no one else, really.

What about South Africa? Living up to their chokers tag. They should have easily beaten NZ, no offence, but they are a mediocre team. SA just has so many great players.

Well, I guess I'm backing India now. The only team I think can stop them is Sri Lanka.

Zaheer Kahn isn't enough for you?!

OK... Ishant Sharma, Irfan Pathan, Rudra Pratap Singh, Munaf Patel... that is some depth and emerging skill for you!

South Africa... I don't know very well, but for many reasons I'm not saying anything bad about NZ... except that they're not very good. OK, maybe I'll say something bad about them after all...

Ishant Sharma, Irfan Pathan, Rudra Pratap Singh, Munaf Patel
I don't think any of these are worth anything these days. Bowling at 120-130 kmph with no movement is their speciality. Particular surprised to see Irfan Pathan. I think his brother bowls better than him these days!

Last edited:
I felt really bad for the Aussies losing. And the idea of Pak vs Ind doesn't excite me at all, unlike everyone else in the sub-continent.

That's strange.

england make a good start against sri lanka

Not, good enough, if you ask me. Sri Lanka have not yet been limited to less than 260-odd runs. Unless the English bowlers can pull off a performance like the one against SA, I don't think we'll see them Trotting to the finish line. Of course, Sri Lanka will have to pitch in, and provide the kind of spectacular collapse that is nearly becoming par for the course at this World Cup.

That's one of the worst fielding performances I have ever seen in an international match by SL

As soon as I read this topic's title I thought along the lines of...

[PLAIN]http://blog.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/graphics/cricket_ecard.jpg

Rather disappointed tbh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pak vs India on 30th march. Can't wait, contemplating skipping classes to watch the match.

ahsanxr said:
Pak vs India on 30th march. Can't wait, contemplating skipping classes to watch the match.

Good for me i am having holidays ...

India going to beat Pak so Bad !

Oh and yes ... Australia sucked this time ... Winner of 3 World Cups ... LOL

PrincePhoenix said:
:frown: Australia lost... I'm one of the few Pakistanis who wanted Aus to win. :-p I felt really bad for the Aussies losing. And the idea of Pak vs Ind doesn't excite me at all, unlike everyone else in the sub-continent.

You are a traitor....

50496_117401548277658_5813359_n.jpg

cupid.callin said:
Good for me i am having holidays ...

India going to beat Pak so Bad !

Oh and yes ... Australia sucked this time ... Winner of 3 World Cups ... LOL

Oh you're sadly mistaken bro. We're going to take a dump on the Indian team and you will have to watch in pain.

haha don't fight. Both the teams have the ability to turn the game at any point. I see a 50-50 chance.

No its all good hahah, I'm just kidding around :P

Are you from Pakistan?

FizixFreak said:
Are you from Pakistan?

Yes that's why he's supporting Pak :smile:

and I'm from India that's why I'm supporting India ...
(Wasnt that obvious? :smile:)

cupid.callin said:

I am from India and I support Pakistan. :-p

ahsanxr said:
No its all good hahah, I'm just kidding around :P

Me too :-p

I'm not really so much into cricket but my whole family loves it ... don't know why ...

I like football ...

Abdul Quadeer said:
I am from India and I support Pakistan. :-p

cupid.callin said:
Yes that's why he's supporting Pak :smile:

and I'm from India that's why I'm supporting India ...

You see the irony here? and there is a Pakistani members here who was actually supporting Australia(i am also pakistani by the way) but none the less you have earned that laugh:redface:

FizixFreak said:
Are you from Pakistan?

Yes, sir. Not "technically" since I was born in and am now studying in the US but I've lived most of my life in Pakistan.