Cross Product of a Constant Vector

Okay, now that my question has been cleared up, what is the cross product of a constant vector and a vector? Is there a formula?

Answers and Replies

To cross two vectors you can simply take the determinate of the matrix they make. As far as I know this method works for all constant and variable vectors which have a determinate that exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
HallsofIvy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Okay, now that my question has been cleared up, what is the cross product of a constant vector and a vector? Is there a formula?
What do you mean by "the cross product of a constant vector and a vector"? The cross product is a product of two vectors. Whether "constant" or "variable" has nothing to do with the product.

And what question are you referring to with "now that my question has been cleared up"? This is exactly the question you asked in https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=668424. If you did not understand the answers there, explain what you do not understand. Do not just start a new thread for exactly the same question!

Sorry if I have made SOME people upset. I wasn't really thinking about the math. Nevermind about this problem. A constant vector could be just like any other vector. I somehow confused the cross product with the curl of a vector. Sorry about my confusion everyone. Once again, I am sorry for making anyone upset and frustrated. Just some confusion HallsofIvy.