Curing a Cold: A Mom's French Fry Remedy

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Bipolarity
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cold
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
Bipolarity
Messages
773
Reaction score
2
How to cure a cold??

Usually when I have colds, I eat french fries and they seem to go away within a couple of days. Problem is, it only works with the french fries that my mom makes and she is away this weekend and I have exams next week and I can't take them with snot coming out of my nose.

What do to? Shall I ask my mom to cook the fries and send them over by plane or is there medical treatment for this seemingly incurable disease?
 
Biology news on Phys.org


Bipolarity said:
Usually when I have colds, I eat french fries and they seem to go away within a couple of days. Problem is, it only works with the french fries that my mom makes and she is away this weekend and I have exams next week and I can't take them with snot coming out of my nose.

What do to? Shall I ask my mom to cook the fries and send them over by plane or is there medical treatment for this seemingly incurable disease?

Ask her how she makes them and fry them up yerself. Sounds more like comfort food to me though.
 


For sore throat, I usually take Zicams. For conjestion, mucinex D is pretty good. It's really powerful though and you would need to be a certain age to get it since it's OTC.
 


No problem, I have a sure-fire cure.

1. Drink water - a lot of it.

2. Get in bed. Sleep.

3. Repeat 1 and 2 until you feel better.

You'll be fine for exams next week!
 


I can't take them with snot coming out of my nose.

Genetically malfunctioning people (allergies) have been doing this since the dawn of time almost, harden up.
 


Take a cold medicine with pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg as the nasal decongestant and triprolidine hydrochloride 2.5 mg as the antihistamine. You won't even know that you have a cold.

It's not a cure but will suppress cold symptoms.